Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson diagnosed with skin cancer

The Duchess of York received a malignant melanoma diagnosis subsequent to the excision of a malignant mole as part of her breast cancer treatment.

A spokesman for Sarah Ferguson stated that during reconstructive surgery following a mastectomy, a number of moles were extracted and analysed.

Despite distressing news of a second cancer diagnosis, the duchess "maintains a positive attitude." This week, she joins the third royal to declare a medical procedure.

"One of the moles that her dermatologist requested be removed and analysed concurrently with the duchess enduring reconstructive surgery after her mastectomy has been identified as cancerous," said her spokesperson. "The duchess wishes to express her gratitude to the entire medical staff for their assistance, but especially to her dermatologist, whose diligent observation led to the timely detection of the illness."

The private medical staff that assisted the royal during her treatment was thanked in the statement.

Relatives of the duchess claim that she has returned to the United Kingdom following an initial recuperation period in Austria.

According to sources, receiving a second cancer diagnosis within six months is undoubtedly a significant obstacle to overcome, but she is a resilient individual who is receiving her family's care and support. The duchess has demonstrated an exceptional capacity to recover from setbacks.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer the previous year subsequent to a routine mammogram examination. The duchess openly discussed her breast cancer treatment, encouraging other women to undergo screenings and utilising her podcast to disseminate information with the intention of saving lives through a positive message.

She underwent a single mastectomy at the private clinic King Edward VII Hospital in London, which is frequented by senior royals. She made guest appearances as a presenter on ITV's This Morning in the autumn as part of her most recent reinvention; this is in addition to being a successful author.

Having not been invited to the May coronation, the duchess made her Christmas appearance at Sandringham, accompanying the royal family on their way to church for the first time in over three decades.

Prior to their 1996 divorce, the 64-year-old was wed to the Duke of York, Prince Andrew, for a duration of ten years. They maintain their cohabitation at Royal Lodge, a Windsor Great Park estate under the ownership of the Crown Estate.

They have three grandchildren and two daughters: Princess Beatrice, 35, and Princess Eugenie, 33. Kensington Palace confirmed on Wednesday that the Princess of Wales, who was scheduled to endure abdominal surgery, would remain in the hospital for a maximum of two weeks.

Kensington Palace announced that while the operation was a success, the princess would remain in the hospital for a maximum of two weeks and would not be able to recommence royal duties for several months.

Although no additional information was provided by the palace regarding Catherine's condition, it was stated that it was not associated with malignancy.

Buckingham Palace announced shortly thereafter that the King, who was suffering from an unidentified prostate condition, would be receiving treatment at an undisclosed facility in the coming days.

It is believed that the King intended for the public to be encouraged to seek medical attention if they were to develop similar symptoms after learning of his condition.